* Please note:
This application is optimized for use with Mozilla Firefox and Chrome. If used with Internet Explorer, verify that Compatibility View is enabled in order to see the application form.
The application must be filled out in one sitting and cannot be saved at any point in the application. Before starting, it would be ideal to look at the free response questions first. This can be viewed under the Forms section on the FPL website.
- A. Minimum eligibility to participate-current High School Junior
- B. College students and college graduates from any educational institution are welcomed to apply
- C. Inland Southern California Residents: Riverside or San Bernardino County
- D. Commitment to serve or plan to work with the underserved population in the Inland Empire
- E. Be from educationally and/or socio-economically disadvantaged background
- F. Strong interest in the health professions and science
*If you do not meet the eligibility requirements (C and E), you are still encouraged to apply especially if you meet the others (A or B, D and F).
*If you do not meet the minimum eligibility to participate (A), please contact the Coordinator.
Students are responsible for transportation to the site they are applying for. Students must demonstrate maturity and commitment to the program. All students accepted will be expected to participate in the leadership lecture series and the community health project.
Shadowing Eligibility: Students who would like to apply for the physician shadowing component of the program must be at least 18 years old before June 1, 2018 and at least a second year in their respective university/college. Two letters of recommendation, resume and your unofficial transcripts must be sent in addition to submitting an application.
There are three program location sites: Coachella Valley, Riverside- San Bernardino, and Temecula. It is your responsibility to make sure that the site selected is the location you prefer.
Once you submit your application, you will receive an email confirming it was successfully submitted. If you have any questions or do not receive an email after submitting your application, please contact:
Sophia Rodriguez, Program Coordinator
Tel: (951) 827 - 6090